Become a Chartered Manager (C.Mgr.)
Chartered Manager is the highest status that can be achieved in the management profession. C.Mgr is a prestigious internationally recognized designation in management and leadership. A Chartered Manager has developed various competencies in leadership, strategy, finance, accounting, management operations and organizational analysis.
You will be able to use the C.Mgr post-nominal and join a network of Chartered Managers that are recognized and valued across the world. CIM | Chartered Managers Canada has a reciprocity agreement with the Chartered Management Institute in the UK so your designation can be used globally as well as within Canada.
The designation brings together rigorous business education with professional-level experience, setting you apart to contribute to Canada’s economic success.
Benefits of being a Chartered Manager
- Chartered Manager’s add value to their organization
- Commit to highest level ethical behaviour and integrity
- Chartered Managers report greater self awareness and use their designation to stand out in the job market and develop their careers
Ready to take the next step?
Review our map to becoming a Chartered Manager below and begin your journey to stand out in today’s competitive job market with Canada’s highest-level management designation.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL ROUTES:
- Completed C.Mgr. Application Form
- Three (3) professional reference letters that will validate your experience and attest to your application of management theory and practice at a professional level
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae outlining all academic and management experience as required above
- Official transcripts sent directly from the education institution(s) to the CIM Head Office
- Complete the Management Aptitude Evaluation (MAE)
- Sign and adhere to the CIM Code of Ethics and return with C.Mgr. Application Form
- Applicants are required to maintain current membership in good standing with the Institute, abide by the Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct and commit to Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- All applicable fees
Equivalent Degrees from institutions outside of Canada can be assessed by referring to the following website for Educational Credential Assessment:
Formal evaluation by one of the approved assessors is to be submitted along with the application for Chartered Manager.
At its discretion, the C.Mgr. review committee may request additional information, an interview, or request that the applicant completes a comprehensive examination to validate their qualifications and/or experience.
- For information on the Chartered Manager Competency Framework, please click here.
- For the Code of Ethics, please click here.
- View the Professional Development Units [PDF] [Word]