Chartered Manager partnership with the
UK Chartered Management Institute
Already a C.Mgr. in Canada? Obtain your CMgr designation in the United Kingdom!
The CIM | Chartered Managers Canada announces international reciprocity with the UK Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
The Canadian Institute of Management (“CIM | Chartered Managers Canada”) is pleased to announce that it has reached an exciting new milestone in international reciprocity. Holders of the CIM Chartered Manager (C.Mgr.) designation can now obtain the CMI Chartered Manager (CMgr) designation through reciprocity. Conversely, all CMI Chartered Managers can obtain the Canadian equivalent. In order to obtain these designations, applicants simply need to provide evidence of chartered status and join the respective institute, adhering to its local professional requirements and continuing professional development commitments.
Why does the UK Chartered Management Institute promote the Chartered Manager designation? Thousands of UK managers at all levels and across all sectors now hold Chartered Manager and highly value it. In a recent report, the CMI polled over 500 Chartered Managers and found that Chartered Managers reported that becoming Chartered has made them significantly better managers. They also reported that they’ve become notably confident leaders, and that it’s also made a big impact on the results they deliver. The CMI strongly believes managers should view the Chartered status as being essential to their career development and progress. (click here for more information).
CMgr - UK Chartered Manager (Canadian Institute of Management applicants)
To apply for the CMgr designation with the CMI, you will need to complete or provide the following:
- Hold a membership in good standing with CIM | Chartered Managers Canada (as evidenced via your most current membership receipt)
- Join the CMI and maintain a membership in good standing with their association. CIM members in good standing will be eligible for a 50% membership rate from the CMI.
- Complete the online registration [login to our Members' Only section]
- Provide a copy of your C.Mgr. certificate
- Provide the CMI with any additional requested information as may be necessary to validate your designation and membership.
Click here to begin your application
For more information regarding CMI's membership fees, click here
If you require assistance with your online CMI Chartered Manager application, please contact email@example.com
C.Mgr. - Canada's Chartered Manager (Chartered Management Institute applicants)
Chartered Manager is the internationally recognized designation in management and leadership. A Chartered Manager has developed various competencies in leadership, strategy, finance, accounting, management operations and organizational analysis. The designation brings together rigorous business education with professional-level experience, setting you apart to contribute to Canada’s economic success.
To apply for the C.Mgr. designation with CIM | Chartered Managers Canada, you will need to complete or provide the following:
- Completed Membership Application Form
- Provide a copy of your Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Chartered Manager Certificate
- Sign and adhere to the CIM Code of Ethics, and return with C.Mgr. Application Form
- Applicants are required to maintain current membership in good standing with the Institute, abide by the Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct and commit to Continuing Professional Development (CPD) [PDF] [Word]
- All applicable fees
For information on the Chartered Manager Competency Framework, please click here.
For assistance or questions about your C.Mgr. application, please contact:
Coordinator of Educational Services and Professional Development,
Direct Line: (519) 728-9771