About CIM | Chartered Managers Canada's Toronto Chapter
CIM's Toronto Chapter is one of our original three CIM Chapters. Founded in 1942, it has a strong history of service, both to members and to the community at large.
CIM - Then & Now
Written by: Peter Horlock C.I.M., C.Mgr., P.E. (ret.) Advisor to the Toronto Branch of CIM.
Peter Horlock was educated in the U.K.., the U.S.A., and Canada and followed a career in industrial engineering, culminating as a business consultant until retirement. He graduated from the University of Toronto in 1970 with his C.I.M., and obtained his C.Mgr. designation in 1976. His P.E. registration was obtained in 1978 from California, U.S.A.
Peter was an active member of the Canadian Institute of Management for over 45 years. He served on various committees at the Chapter and National levels during that time and was on the Toronto Chapter executive. Some of his contributions include program chair for the 1980 conference, participation in the “Cossman” film, Toronto Chapter convocation speaker, author of "CIM Then & Now", in addition to serving as a Chapter advisor. His awards included a Life Membership and National Quality Service Award.
CIM | Chartered Managers Canada Toronto Chapter Education Partnerships
CIM | Chartered Managers Canada values education that empowers students to develop their skills and grow into confident and competent managers and business leaders. The Toronto chapter has specifically partnered with many post-secondary institutions in and around the city to ensure they offer programs that meet the requirements of the Chartered Manager Program (CMP) so students can become eligible for our management designations upon completing their program. If you are looking at post-secondary programs in Toronto and the GTA to advance your career in management, consider these programs to help you obtain our C.I.M. and C.Mgr. designations.
- University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Recognized Courses
- University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Certificate in Business Management
- Centennial College Business Administration Leadership and Management Diploma
- Centennial College Business Administration Human Resources Diploma
- Centennial College Strategic Management Graduate Certificate
- Centennial College Global Business Management Post Graduate Certificate
- Humber College Certificate of Achievement – Canadian Institute of Management (CIM)
- Humber College Bachelor of Commerce – Accounting
- Humber College Bachelor of Commerce – Fashion Management
- Humber College Bachelor of Commerce – International Business
- Humber College Bachelor of Commerce – Digital Business Management
- Humber College Advanced Diploma – Business Administration
- Humber College Advanced Diploma – Business Administration (Co-Op)
- Seneca College Bachelor of Commerce – International Business Management
- Seneca College Bachelor of Commerce – Business Management
- Seneca College Bachelor of Commerce – Human Resources Management
- Seneca College Advanced Diploma in Business Administration – Human Resources
- Seneca College Advanced Diploma in Business Administration – Entrepreneurship & Small Business
- Seneca College Advanced Diploma in Business Administration – Management
- Seneca College Advanced Diploma in Business Administration – Marketing
- Seneca College Advanced Diploma in Business Administration – Purchasing & Supply Management
- Seneca College Advanced Diploma in Business Administration – International Business
- Seneca College Advanced Diploma in Business Administration – Financial Planning
- Seneca College Diploma – Business
- Seneca College Diploma – International Business
- Seneca College Graduate Certificate – International Business Management
CIM | Chartered Managers Canada Toronto Chapter Annual General Meeting
Members of the Toronto Chapter of CIM | Chartered Managers Canada come together once each year for our local Annual General Meeting. These meetings allow chapter members to gather and discuss their vision for the chapter, new developments in management and leadership, and for the chapter committee to plan events and opportunities for their local members over the coming year. By bringing the chapter’s greatest business minds together for this meeting, members are able to gain valuable insight that they can take back to their organizations to solve real business problems and reach new heights of excellence in their careers.
Join The Toronto Chapter of CIM | Chartered Managers Canada Today
Become a part of the rich history of management excellence that the Toronto Chapter of CIM | Chartered Managers Canada embodies. Joining as a CIM member will give you access to a wide network of management professionals, management and leadership resources like white papers, case studies and thought leadership pieces, our exclusive on-demand portal ManagementDirect, and give you the ability to hold our prestigious management designations. If you’re ready to get noticed and recognized internationally as a true business leader, then join CIM | Chartered Managers Canada today!
CIM Toronto Chapter
2800 14th Avenue, Suite 210
Markham, ON L3R 0E4
Chapter Committee Members
Chapter Chair - Phil Russo, C.I.M., P. Mgr, C.Mgr.
Treasurer - Thong Minh Tran, C.I.M., P.Mgr., C.Mgr.
Chair, C.Mgr. - Peter Boos, C.I.M., P.Mgr., C.Mgr.
Chair, Membership - Stephen SC Lo, C.Mgr. (Can), CMgr FCMI (UK), MBA
Chair, Education - Kirkley Elliot, C.I.M, P.Mgr., C.Mgr.
Chair, Newsletter - Wesley Spence, C.I.M.
Chair, Marketing - Joseph Mohanthas, C.I.M., P.Mgr., C.Mgr.
Chapter Committee Member - Paul Markle, C.I.M., P.Mgr., C.Mgr.
Administrator - Beth McKenzie
Toronto Chapter is pleased to welcome members in the following categories:
- Associate Member
- Student Associate Member (Accredited and non-Accredited)
For the Fee Schedule, click here.